Michael Jackson’s writing on an Elvis figurine at Neverland:
"If I can only find a white man, with a black man’s sound, I could make a million dollars." - Sam Phillips, Sun Record
(Sam Phillips is responsible for launching Elvis’s career, and would famously tell people at his record label that before discovering Elvis)
Do people get how full of shade this is from Mike about the essential racism involved in Elvis’ career? He wanted to make sure people knew what the most important fact about his career was. I love it. And that’s why Mike never not once ever gave any credit to Elvis.
YAS DRAG HA
that was a read
Imad Abdullah Hassan, a Yemeni detainee in Guantanamo that has spent 12 years in a cage without ever being charged with a crime, is suing President Obama. The forced feeding he has been subjected to in order to disrupt his hunger strike amounts to torture.
At The Atlantic, Conor Friedersdorf lists some of the allegations in the lawsuit:
- At Gitmo, they began to use tubes that were too big for Hassan’s nostrils.
- Rather than leaving them in place, they would insert and remove them twice a day.
- Prisoners were force-fed in what Hassan called “the Torture Chair.” Hands, legs, waist, shoulders and head were strapped down tightly. The men were also force-fed constipation drugs, causing them to defecate on themselves as they sat in the chair being fed. “People with hemorrhoids would leave blood on the chair and the linens would not always be changed before the next feeding.” They’d be strapped down amid the shit and blood for up to two hours at a time–though quicker wasn’t always better.
- That’s because Gitmo staff started force-feeding much more liquid into the prisoners. Sometimes they sped up the process, leaving the amount of liquid constant. “If Mr. Hassan vomited on himself at any time during the procedure ‘the atrocity’ would start all over again.” Severe gastric pain was common.
- “Early on in this new and more abusive phase… authorities took Mr. Hassan and two others to another block so that others would see what was being done to them. This was obviously done as a deterrent to scare others into not hunger striking.”
One time after being subjected to this treatment, Friederdorf writes, Hassan “lost consciousness and spent two days in critical condition.” He now suffers from “severe gastric pain, damage to both his nostrils, sinus problems, and bouts of pancreatitis, sometimes brought on by the use of a high-fat nutritional supplement.”
Of course, the Obama administration denies force feeding amounts to torture, despite this harrowing account of what it’s like. Human rights officials from the United Nations have declared, however, that force feeding amounts to torture, saying “it is unjustifiable to engage in forced feeding of individuals contrary to their informed and voluntary refusal of such a measure.”
It’s worth noting that Hassan, like some 86 other Gitmo detainees, has been cleared for release by a judge who found there was not enough incriminating evidence to justify keeping him imprisoned. No matter: Obama continues to deny him his freedom and to criminally abuse him.
The Reservation’s Ten Commandments as given by the United States of America to the Spokane Indians:
1. You shall have no other forms of government besides me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an independent and self sufficient government, for I am a jealous bureaucracy and will punish the Indian children for the sins of their fathers to the seventh generation of those who hate me.
3. You shall not misuse my name or my symbols, for I will impale you on my flag pole.
4. Remember the first of each month by keeping it holy. The rest of the month you shall go hungry, but the first day of each month is tribute to me, and you shall receive welfare checks and commodity food in exchange for you continued dependence.
5. Honor your Indian father and Indian mother because I have stripped them of their land, language, and hearts, and they need your compassion, which is a commodity I do not supply.
6. You shall not murder, but I shall bring FBI and CIA agents to your reservation and into your homes, and the most intelligent, vocal, and angriest members of your tribes will vanish quietly.
7. You shall not commit adultery, but I will impregnate your women with illegitimate dreams.
8. You shall not steal back what I have already stolen from you.
9. You shall not give false testimony against any white men, but they will tell lies about you, and I will believe them and convict you.
10. You shall not covet the white man’s house. You shall not covet the white man’s wife, or his hopes and opportunities, his cars or VCRs, or anything that belongs to the white man.
- Sherman Alexie, Reservation Blues
“FOR I AM A JEALOUS BUREAUCRACY”
that part always makes me laugh
This is one of my favorite passages, from one of my favorite books by one of my favorite authors. “You shall not steal back what I have already stolen from you,” makes me want to start a revolution.
Needs to be on my dash. <3 <3
Yes, should be on my dash ALWAYS.
It’s ok buddy, you won.
Of course this occasionally happens; deer get their antlers locked in battle, and they can’t get them out. Sometimes they both die.
i’m still looking at this image and it’s so impressive to me
after this guy’s foe died (what do u think the interim was like) did he jsut drag around the carcass until the body fell off at the neck or what. did he go out of his way to behead it. whats the story here. i want to interview this deer
Imagine the rotting face of your enemy being permanently attached to your head.
White privilege is your history being taught as a core class and mine being taught as an elective.
please let them know.
white privilege is your history being taught as a core class, and mine being banned because it would promote "the overthrow of the U.S. government, foster racial resentment, and advocate ethnic solidarity."